Monday, November 5, 2012

Kickstarter: Bombshell Babes

Dave here, with my second Kickstart post.  Sometimes I stumble across Kickstarter projects after they've run their course, as is the case today.

Today's Kickstarter-I-wish-I'd-backed is Bombshell Miniatures' Bombshell Babes a series of miniatures somewhere between the iconic pinup girls, Rosie the Riveter, and the near-cliche action movie femme fetale (the creator says "strong women," and I'm sure that's a better description than the one I just gave).



What sold me was that, even though they're female minis made by men (and somewhat sexualized because of that, but I'm a straight guy and I kinda like that thing), they have a mini with birthing hips (who is either pregnant, or has a post-pregnancy gut), which is a demographic that's incredibly under-represented in female miniatures.

It also helps that they're excellent minis.

As of this writing, the project is over and funded, but they're still accepting donations (which they'll reward as though they're Kickstarter pledges) through Paypal. Even if I can't help support it -- which I would love to do -- I plan on picking up the minis when they hit retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment